Friday, January 06, 2006

 

LOU RAWLS DEAD AT 72

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060106/ap_en_mu/obit_rawls

In a shocking development, Lou Rawls, the number one pick in the 2006 draft by Sweet Valley Death, and its Moneyball player, has died of brain and lung cancer. The death of the 72-year-old Rawls yields Sweet Valley Death an amazing 56 points, putting it in a huge lead only 6 days into the new season.

"I'm so proud of Lou Rawls right now I can't even tell you," said the speechless owner of Sweet Valley Death upon learning of Rawls' demise.

Ewing Oil's owner had this to say about the death of Rawls and his sudden 56-point deficit coming just days after he celebrated a championship. "This is what Our Sick Game is all about. 2006 is a new year and I realized when Sweet Valley Death drafted Rawls with the number one pick that this could happen. He was number two on my draft board, and I appreciated what he was going to bring to this game. I'm down right now, but not out. It is very early. I think you're going to see a lot of scoring this year and it will be very wide-open play. Congratulations to Sweet Valley Death. Good drafting, and the moneyball paid off. Job well done."



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?